Tandoori Chicken Taco Bowl
I love a good Taco Bowl! When made well, they are so filling, satisfying and flavorful. This Tandoori Chicken Taco Bowl also makes the best leftovers so I try to make extra. Who doesn't like tasty leftovers that require just a few minutes to throw together?! This is a really simple yet completely satisfying meal, perfect for weekly meal prep or even throw it together on the fly if you have the main ingredients! I use ground chicken because it takes on flavors so well but you can also use ground turkey or vegetarian alternatives like tempeh or tofu crumbles!
Meal prep can include chopping your vegetable toppings ahead of time, preparing the meat or base in advance to store in the fridge. I like to wash and chop everything over the weekend, this makes cooking so much quicker during the week.
Serve this recipe over your favorite grain- jasmine rice, basmati rice, brown rice, quinoa, etc. Honestly, any grain will do! Put the mixture in a taco shell if that's what you have in your pantry, you don't need anything fancy. You can't go wrong with this flavor packed recipe!
Let's talk about Tandoori seasoning! I love using Shan Tandoori Masala. It packs all the wonderful tandoori flavors and takes all the guess work out for me. I need all the shortcuts I can get these days, I know many of you can relate! You can certainly make your own if you're avoiding certain ingredients or preservatives. The main ingredients used to make tandoori masala include paprika, coriander, cumin, turmeric, garlic, ginger, cayenne, nutmeg, ground clove, and salt. There are many variations out there so find the one that works best for you!
- Ground Chicken or alternative (turkey, tempeh, tofu crumbles, etc.)
- Black beans (canned)
- Corn (canned, frozen or fresh)
- Bell pepper (any color)
- Green onion
- Rice or any other grain
- Cilantro (garnish)
- Lemon (sliced)
Serve it with my Jalapeno Yogurt Dressing/Sauce- I promise it makes the entire bowl SO INCREDIBLY TASTY!
Once the meat/meat alternative is cooked with beans, corn, and seasoning you can easily build your bowl or portion it out in containers for meal prep! Use this mixture in tacos, nachos, enchiladas, over alfredo pasta, honestly- you can do anything with it!
- Spicy Eggroll in a Bowl
- Tandoori Chicken Skewers with Pineapple
- Chickpea Tikka Tacos
Tandoori Chicken Taco Bowl
- 1 lb ground chicken (substitute turkey or meat alternative)
- 1 ½ tablespoon Shan Tandoori Masala
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon oil
Toppings (desired amount)
- diced red onion
- diced tomatoes
- diced bell pepper
- diced cucumber
- chopped green onion
- chopped cilantro
- lemon or lime
- cooked rice or other grain (you can also make nachos, tacos, tostadas, salads, etc. if you don't have cooked grains on hand)
- In a large non-stick pot or pan heat 1 tablespoon oil, add ground chicken or meat alternative. With a spatula break up (crumble) the meat as it cooks.
- Once meat is halfway cooked or 5-7 add tandoori masala. Stir well and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add black beans and corn, cook until meat is thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat
- Assemble your rice bowl, (or tacos, nachos, tostadas, salad, etc.) with desired toppings. Drizzle with Jalapeno Garlic Sauce and ENJOY!