Easy Greek Chicken Thighs
This Greek Chicken Thighs recipe has amazing flavor and is on the table in LESS than 30 minutes! Tender chicken thighs are cooked with traditional Greek flavors like olives, artichokes, lemon, and lots of garlic! It all comes together in one pan that’s finished off in the oven where the chicken simmers in the delicious pan juices! This will become an easy, family favorite for sure!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
Simple but tasty flavors are what I crave come early spring…and of course, I am ALWAYS “craving” an EASY dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes!!
This Greek Chicken Thighs recipe is full of simple, but robust flavors — olives, artichoke hearts, lemon, and lots of fresh garlic! One of my favorite things about this recipe is the simple steps, minimal prep, and the fact that it’s on the table in about 20 minutes!
Serve these juicy chicken thighs over rice, or alongside a simple arugula salad.….don’t forget the garlic bread to soak up the delicious juices!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Easy weeknight dinner that’s done in less than 30 minutes!
- Simple ingredients that pack in TONS of flavor!
- Comes together easily in one pan.
- Great recipe for entertaining friends and family!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this Baked Greek Chicken Thighs Recipe:
Chicken: I prefer boneless chicken thighs for this recipe because they are juicy and cook quickly! But you can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, too.
Olives: I love the color and flavor combo of kalamata olives and small, pimento-stuffed olives! However, you can use just one variety if that’s what you have on hand.
Artichokes: Plain, canned artichokes work best vs. the marinated kind.
HOW TO MAKE GREEK CHICKEN THIGHS: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: In a large oven-proof pan, brown chicken on both sides.
Step 2: Add garlic and shallots and continue cooking for a few minutes more until the shallots are soft. Turn off the heat and add lemon juice, lemon zest, chicken broth, artichokes, and olives. Stir everything to combine.
Step 3: Place pan into the oven and cook for 12-14 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F when a meat thermometer is inserted into the thickest part of the meat. Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
⭐️ CONFIDENCE TIP ⭐️
Resist the urge to flip your chicken too soon. You want some nice brown spots on each side…that equals FLAVOR!
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: Cool completely. then store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: Reheat this dish in a pan (or microwave) on low heat until warm. You may need to add a splash of chicken stock to make it more “saucy.”
- Freezing: Cool completely. Then place in a zip-top freezer bag or freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to three months. When you are ready to enjoy, thaw overnight in the fridge, then follow reheating instructions above.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Chicken: You can also use boneless chicken breasts. You can also use bone-in chicken thighs–just be sure to adjust the cooking time up and ensure the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
Chicken Broth: Vegetable broth or white wine are great subs!
Olives: Feel free to experiment with your favorite types of olives!
Herbs: A sprinkle of fresh or dried oregano at the end of this dish is delish!
Extra Veggies: Feel free to add extra vegetables to this dish! Some great options include bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and eggplant.
Feta Cheese: If you like feta, crumble some over the top of this dish after it comes out of the oven!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What can I serve with this Greek chicken recipe?
This recipe is delish over white rice or a small pasta like orzo. You can also serve a nice, crisp Greek salad on the side! If you want to keep this lower carb, serve it over cauliflower rice.Is this Greek chicken recipe healthy?
Yes, this is a healthy meal! This dish is a great source of protein and healthy fats from the olives, making it an excellent choice for a balanced meal. It’s also low in carbohydrates, so it can be enjoyed by those following a low-carb diet.
GET MY FREE 7-DAY MEAL PLAN
In a dinner rut? I’ve got a Free Meal Plan with 7 of my most delicious, easy recipes! Sign up for my email list and I’ll send it over now along with weekly dinner recipes!
TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
Check out all of my kitchen essentials in my Amazon store!
Ovenproof Skillet: I LOVE this pretty 3.5 qt. oven-proof pan or a cast iron skillet is perfect, too.
The Best Garlic Chopper
Instant Read Thermometer
Rate this recipe! I love your feedback!
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
OTHER DELICIOUS RECIPES…
Easy Greek Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely diced diced red onions also work well
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced the best garlic chopper!
- juice of one large lemon + lemon zest about 3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 14oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half non-marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- chopped fresh parsley
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350°F. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook Chicken: Heat a large, oven proof skillet (a cast iron skillet works well) over medium-high, then add olive oil. When oil is hot, add chicken. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until you see nice, browned spots on both sides. Resist the urge to flip the chicken until you see those nice brown spots! That equals FLAVOR!
- Add: Add garlic and shallots and continue cooking a few minutes more until shallots are soft. Stir often to ensure the garlic doesn't burn. Turn off the heat, Add lemon juice, lemon zest, chicken broth, artichokes, and olives. Stir everything to combine.
- Bake: Place pan into the oven and cook for 12-14 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F when a meat thermometer is inserted into the thickest part of the meat. [See Note 1 if you do not have an oven proof pan]
- Serve: Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley and garnish with more lemon slices, if you like! Serve warm over rice.
- Note 1: If you do not have an oven-proof pan, simply transfer chicken, and other ingredients to a baking dish after Step 3.
- Nutrition is only an estimate based on the Very Well Fit Nutrition Calculator