Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
A perfect weeknight meal, these easy sheet pan chicken fajitas are full of zesty lime, smoky spices, and tender chicken breasts. And there is virtually no clean up!
Chicken Breasts- I chose to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts in this recipe. They slice up nice and thin and cook up in no time. They do not have as much fat as boneless, skinless chicken thighs, so this recipe is healthier than if you were to use thighs.
Lime Juice- We aren’t using any type of oil in this recipe, so the lime juice acts as a way to marinate the chicken breasts. I used fresh lime juice, but you could use a little bit of the concentrate if you had that on hand instead. If the limes are a little hard and hard to get the juice out of, just roll them on the counter for a few seconds under the pressure of your palm. They should loosen up.
Peppers and Onions- To make this more colorful, I used orange, red, and yellow bell peppers. If you had only green and red on hand that would be perfectly fine to use as well. Keeping the peppers all one color is a great option too. Use what you have on hand or what is on sale that week.
How It’s Made
In order to make cleanup even easier, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. When the fajitas are cooked, simply through out the aluminum foil. No washing or dishes required!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Grab a gallon Ziploc bag and keep it handy. Slice the chicken breasts and place the slices into the Ziploc bag. Juice the two limes into the bag and add the spices. Place the bag in the refrigerator while you cut the peppers and onions.
Slice the peppers and onions so they are about the same size as the chicken strips. Place the peppers and onions on the baking sheet. Spray lightly with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and add it to the baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings. I like sour cream and salsa in a tortilla. SO yum!
Can I use chicken thighs instead?
Definitely! I think chicken thighs would be delicious as well. They do have a little more fat in them, but the tend to not dry out as fast, so they would be a great option as well.Do I have to use the seasoning mix provided here?
If you have a premade seasoning mix on hand that you love, feel free to use that one! I like to make my own seasonings so I can control what goes into them and how much salt is in them, but if you have one that you swear by feel free to use that! You can still go through the same steps that I have provided here.Can I make this ahead of time?
This would be an amazing freezer friendly dinner! Place everything in the Ziploc bag and instead of placing it in the refrigerator to marinate, place in the in the freezer. Then, when you are ready to make it, take it out of the freezer and place it in the refrigerator to defrost. Bake it as you normally would once it have defrosted.
Did you give this recipe a try? I’d love to hear from you! Give me a shout on Instagram or Facebook and let me know (@Lynnswayoflife) !
- Spring Pea Risotto
- Sourdough Discard Scones
- Instant Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Sourdough Discard Pizza Dough
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn small commission from qualifying purchases, however this is at no cost to you.
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Limes Juiced
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts 1 1/2- 2 pounds
- 3 Bell Peppers Sliced
- 2 Onions Sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips and place them in a Ziploc bag. Juice the two limes into the bag and add the seasonings. Place that in the refrigerator to marinate for 10 minutes while you prepare the peppers and onions.
- Wash the peppers and cut them into strips. Place them on the sheet pan. Do the same to the onions and place them on the sheet pan. Spray with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Take the marinated chicken out of the Ziploc bag and place in on the sheet pan.
- Bake the sheet pan for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve immediately with flour tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa as well as any other toppings you would like.