Jimmy Dean Sausage Stars
We love these Sausage Stars! Easy to make, they only take 15 minutes to prepare.
Another 15 minutes for baking and they’re ready to be set out on a pretty serving platter and served to your guests. Serve these warm, right out of the oven!
And, this recipe makes 40 sausage stars - perfect for your party or you can easily freeze any extra.
They’re tasty, filling and perfect along with a glass of wine or a pre dinner cocktail like these Cranberry Mimosas.
I'm always posting awesome appetizer and cocktail recipes right here on our Pinterest boards - Why not follow along and you will never miss a new recipe!
Not only do they look delicious, they are fancy looking too. So they'll fit right in on your buffet table!
Make wonton cups by adding a wrapper to each muffin tin, allowing the wrapper to stick up the sides.
Bake them, the cool and set aside while you make the filling.
Prepare the filling by cooking the sausage and combining with the other ingredients. Find the step by step photos and process on our site.
Fill the wonton cups then bake. Serve these warm right out of the oven.
If you have extra, let them cool completely. Then store in an airtight container in the freezer for enjoying later.
Jimmy Dean Sausage Stars
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 1 packet of Ranch mix, prepared
- 2 ½ cups cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 40+ Wonton wrappers
- 2 bundles fresh green onions, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add a wonton wrapper to each muffin tin. Make sure the sides stick up on the sides of the muffin tin compartments.
- Lightly brush the wonton wrappers with vegetable oil.
- Bake the wontons in a 350 degree oven for 4-5 minutes until the corners begin to turn golden brown.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once wonton wrappers have finished baking, remove them from the muffin tins and place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a skillet, brown sausage. 1-2 minutes before you are finished, add red bell pepper to the skillet and finish cooking the sausage and pepper together.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the ranch dressing according to packet directions.
- Add to the dressing, the sausage and pepper mixture, shredded cheese, and chopped green onions.
- Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Spoon the cheesy ranch sausage mixture into wonton cups, about ¼ cup of mixture per cup.
- Bake the sausage stars for 5-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven until warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve right away, warm.
- Be sure to use packaged ranch dressing, not bottled for this recipe.