Dorito Casserole With Ground Beef
Beef Doritos Casserole is a delicious ground beef casserole that is comfort food at its finest. This beef casserole recipe hails from the Midwest and there's a reason they're known for good home cooking there. All you need is your favorite taco toppings, lean ground beef, cheddar or ranch Doritos, black beans, taco seasoning, and cheese. This is one casserole recipe you'll come back to again and again!
Dorito casserole recipe is an easy dinner recipe that's perfect in winter and in summer. This beef casserole recipe pairs well with my Pear and Apple Cider Sangria drink recipe and make sure to make my Refined Sugar-Free Cherry Pie for dessert. Want to add an appetizer to your menu? Then you must make my Smoked Pimento Cheese recipe that's sure to please everyone at your table. Another famous appetizer around here is my Pan Fried Ravioli
Casserole ground beef mixture for this easy Dorito casserole recipe takes no time at all to make. This layered Dorito casserole takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and will be ready in 15! Now, that's what I call an easy dinner.
🧀 Ingredients For Dorito Casserole With Ground Beef And Beans
What you'll need for Hamburger Dorito Casserole:
- Ground Beef
- Nacho Cheese or Ranch Doritos Dorito Chips ( I highly recommend using Nacho Cheese Doritos for this recipe)
- Taco Seasoning
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Black Beans
- Red, green, and yellow bell peppers
- Sour Cream
- Pace Salsa
- Black Olives
- Yellow Onion
- Baking Dish
You'll want seasoned ground beef for this recipe. I recommend using mild taco seasoning, but if you like things hot, go for hot taco seasoning. Mild taco seasoning is great because it doesn't take away the flavors from the Doritos and other flavors in this beef Dorito casserole.
of Fitty Foodlicious' Ebook Recipes that Anyone Can Make
🧀 How To Make The Best Taco Casserole
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Spray a casserole dish with coconut oil cooking spray. Add a layer of crushed nacho cheese Doritos to the bottom of a casserole dish. Set aside.
Step 3: Brown ground beef over medium heat in a skillet and add chopped onion and packet taco seasoning.
Step 4: Add the Pace salsa and the sour cream to the cooked ground beef and simmer over medium heat.
Step 5: Now that our meat mixture is cooked, let's make our Dorito Casserole layers. After adding the base layer of Nacho Cheese Doritos, we are going to add the layer of the meat mixture.
Step 6: Next we are going to make this cheesy ground beef by adding our cheese layer. You can use jack cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, Mexican shredded cheese, use whichever cheese you prefer.
Step 7: Layer the beef, cheese, and Dorito layer with black beans and black olives. This up's fiber and adds more protein to this meal.
Step 8: Next, add the bell peppers and fresh cilantro.
Step 9: Add another layer of Mexican shredded cheese and a top layer of Nacho Cheese Doritos.
Tips For Dorito Casserole
Overcooking the beef Doritos casserole can make it soggy. Remember these are chips and the liquid from the beans and salsa can make the layers of the chip soggy, the longer it cooks.
Dorito casserole ground beef is super easy to make, but here are some tips to make Dorito casserole with hamburger meat even better.
🧀 Pro Tips For This Ground Beef Casserole
Can I freeze easy Dorito casserole with ground beef?
I don't recommend freezing Dorito casserole. The tortilla chips get soggy really easily and they won't taste good. You can store best Dorito casserole in the fridge for up to two days. Anything more than that though won't taste good. The sooner you enjoy Dorito casserole beef, the better. It's best eaten right away!
You can also make Dorito casserole with Rotel and ground beef. I've heard Dorito casserole with Velveeta and ground beef is a good option too, by using fresh shredded cheese in this recipe is best. Doritos casserole with beef is easy and great when you have no clue what to cook.
You can also make ground beef Doritos by mixing in the Doritos and the ground beef while cooking for an even crunchier taste. Make Doritos casserole easy.
🧀 Substitutions For Dorito Casserole Recipe Ground Beef
- Swap in Dorito casserole with ground beef and crescent rolls
- Dorito casserole with ground beef and cream of chicken soup
- Dorito casserole recipe with cream of mushroom soup
- You can add loads of different veggies like bell peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes, peppers, and avocados, as well as Mexican rice.
- Low sodium taco seasoning in Dorito beef casserole
Easy Ground beef Dorito Casserole is so easy and fun to make. Get the entire family in on the action! Easy Ground beef doritos hamburger dorito casserole recipes doritos hamburger
Add this to your pinned recipes with doritos and ground beef
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Save your pin using these easy-to-remember recipe tags! doritos recipes ground beef, hamburger doritos, doritos casserole recipe.
Check Out More Easy Dinner Recipes Below
Creamy Lemon Pasta With Chicken
Zucchini Casserole With Ground Beef
Zucchini Boats With Ground Turkey
Is Orange Chicken Healthy? (Recipe Included)
Be sure and follow, like, and share Fitty Foodlicious with your friends and family!
INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER
If you make this recipe, please leave a star ⭐ recipe rating at the bottom of the page on the recipe card. This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers and cooks! If you want more delicious, made-from-scratch, wholesome and healthy recipes, you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on my adventures on Instagram where I'm convinced I'm a comedian, 😂 Pinterest for even more recipe inspiration, and Facebook for the recipe of the day!
Dorito Casserole With Ground Beef
- 1 Bag Nacho Cheese Doritos
- 1 quarter cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 cup Pace Mild Salsa
- 1 packet mild taco seasoning
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 can black olives
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees Farenheit
- Spray a baking dish with coconut oil cooking spray. Add a layer of crushed nacho cheese Doritos to the bottom of a casserole dish. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef over medium heat in a skillet and add chopped onion and mild taco seasoning. Cook over medium heat until the beef is browned.
- Add the Pace salsa and the sour cream to the cooked ground beef and simmer over low heat.
- Add the fresh cilantro to the beef mixture and comine.
- Now that our meat mixture is cooked, let's make our Dorito Casserole layers. After adding the base layer of Nacho Cheese Doritos, we are going to add the layer of the meat mixture.
- Next we are going to make this cheesy ground beef by adding our cheese layer. You can use jack cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, Mexican shredded cheese, use whichever cheese you prefer.
- Layer the beef, cheese, and Dorito layer with black beans and black olives.
- Next, add a layer of fresh bell peppers and more fresh cilantro.
- Add another layer of Mexican shredded cheese and a top layer of Nacho Cheese Doritos.
- Add another layer of Nacho Cheese Doritos.
- Top casserole dish with tinfoil and bake at 350-degrees in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the top layer of Dorito Beef Casserole is crispy.
- Recipe Notes
- Can I freeze easy Dorito casserole with ground beef?
- I don't recommend freezing Dorito casserole. The tortilla chips get soggy really easily and they won't taste good.
- Storage Tips:
- You can store best Dorito casserole in the fridge for up to two days. Anything more than that though won't taste good. The sooner you enjoy Dorito casserole beef, the better. It's best eaten right away!
- All images and text © Genevieve Jerome / Fitty Foodlicious 2022