Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Tart With Cheese
The Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Tart has a creamy cheese base in a puff pastry shell. It is so easy to prepare and a very tasty way to propose an appetizer that will captivate your guests. Oven-roasted cherry tomatoes are rich in flavor. Just roast them with garlic, oil, oregano, and fresh rosemary. Oh yes ... you read that right ... not the usual basil! Put everything on the baking sheet and that's it!
- It’s that simple.
- You will already have the ingredients at home
- I made it as an appetizer but it is perfect for a light lunch served with a side salad.
- It should be served hot or at room temperature, it’s perfect for parties.
You might love also my Puff Pastry with Prosciutto Crudo and Mozzarella or Ricotta and Mushrooms Tart
There is nothing complicated in this recipe, you will probably already have all the entrances in the house.
Puff pastry: I use ready-made puff pastry to save time. Feel free to make your own puff pastry. You can also use the frozen one.
Cherry tomatoes vs grape tomatoes: cherry tomatoes are perfect for roasting. You can also use the grape tomatoes, taking care to check the cooking (it could take less as they contain less water).
Cheese: a good quality cheese. For this recipe, I used the soft and creamy robiola, a perfect combo with roasted cherry tomatoes. You can replace it with another spreadable cheese of your taste.
Rosemary and Oregano: A nice bunch of fresh rosemary and dried oregano give a delicious flavor to the cherry tomatoes.
Garlic: Fresh garlic is to be preferred, it greatly increases the flavor of the cherry tomatoes.
To prepare the pastry with roasted cherry tomatoes, let's start with the latter.
First, heat the oven to 200 degrees. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, arrange the cherry tomatoes, and season with oil, crushed garlic, oregano and fresh rosemary. Add salt, and mix everything well so that the tomatoes are well seasoned. Add the cherry tomatoes in a single layer. In this step, I'm only dirtying a pan !!!! Cook for about 25-30 minutes.
Gently roll out the dough with its paper on a sufficiently large baking sheet Using a sharp knife, score the pastry along the edge approximately 2 cm from the edge, being careful to not cut all the way through. Using a fork, prick the central part of the pastry.
Using a kitchen brush, brush the beaten egg over the entire surface of the pasta. This will create a seal between the pastry and the topping.
Spread the cheese inside the edge, arrange the cherry tomatoes and transfer the pan to the oven. Bake tart for 30 minutes.
The pie with roasted cherry tomatoes and Robiola should be served hot or at room temperature.
I made this baked cheese tart as an appetizer but it is perfect for a light lunch served with a side salad.
Choose good quality ingredients.
Keep the dough at room temperature before rolling it (at least 10/15 minutes), so as to avoid breakage.
If you are using frozen puff pastry, follow the directions on the package for defrosting.
Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg to obtain a beautiful golden color typical of the pastry.
Do you have little time but do not want to give up roasted cherry tomatoes? Cook them in a non-stick pan with all the seasoning.
How to store
If you have leftovers, keep them in the refrigerator for a day or two, then reheat them in the oven or microwave.
Freezing is not recommended.
Recipes you might enjoy:
Prosciutto Crudo Puff Pastry Galettes
Zucchini and Mozzarella Bites
Zucchini Tart with Potatoes
Baked Cheese Tart
I'd like to know what you think. Also, if you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram! To stay updated with the newest recipes, follow me on Pinterest and join my email list.
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Tart With Cheese
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 500 gr. Cherry tomatoes
- 100 gr. Robiola or spreadable cheese
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 30 gr. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- Fresh rosemary a few sprigs
- First, take the puff pastry out of the fridge at least 10 minutes beforehand.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, arrange the cherry tomatoes, season with oil, crushed garlic, oregano and fresh rosemary.
- Add salt, mix everything well so that the tomatoes are well seasoned. Distribute the cherry tomatoes in a single layer.
- Cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- Unroll the puff pastry and place it on a sufficiently large baking sheet with its parchment paper.
- Cut the dough about 2 cm from the edge, being careful not to cut it completely and prick the central part with a fork.
- With a pastry brush, brush the beaten egg over the entire surface of the pasta.
- Spread the cheese inside the edge, arrange the cherry tomatoes with all the dressing and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake cheese tart for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden and cooked. Remove from the oven and serve!