Cranberry Spice Dump Cake
Welcome to Cloches & Lavender where I share easy-to-follow recipes, crafts, and home decorating inspiration.
Today I'm sharing cranberry spice dump cake and it's perfect for now!
First, let’s get a bit of background on dump cake. Today I’m sharing cranberry spice dump cake.
Why is it Called Dump Cake?
Why the Name Dump Cake?
While Dump cakes may not have the most appealing name these are amazingly delicious and a huge time-saver for bakers.
So rather than measure, mix, and bake cakes from scratch using all types of measuring utensils and bowls. Not to mention measuring spoons, and measuring cups with this recipe you simply spread basic ingredients in a 9×13-inch pan and throw it into the oven. Then a miracle happens.
How Long, Does it Take to Bake?
How Much Does it Take to Bake?
It takes about 30-40 minutes and you have an impressive dessert that tastes as if it took hours to make.
Should This Need to be Refrigerated?
Do I need to Refrigerate This Dessert?
The answer, Yes! Dump cake needs to be refrigerated once it has been baked and cooled. Some of the fruit used will spoil quickly so storing it in the fridge for 5 days is recommended.
Is This Recipe Only Made Using Fruit?
Are Dump Cakes Only Fruit Based?
The answer is no. There are also chocolate dump cakes and these involve a different process however these are just as easy. These start with a chocolate instant pudding mix, which is stirred together with milk. Then chocolate cake mix is stirred into the pudding to create a thick chocolate cake batter. This is then spread in the pan and can be topped with a variety of toppings.
These can be nuts, chocolate chips, or other toppings, and baked until set. The best part is chocolate dump cakes have a fudgy, rich texture that is a cross between a brownie and a cake.
Breaking up the whole cranberry sauce with a wooden spoon.
Spreading the cranberry sauce with a rubber spatula
The cranberry sauce covers the bottom of the 9 x 13 baking pan.
Add the cake mix to the top. Sprinkle it evenly over the cranberries.
Add the slices of butter to the top of the cake mix. Spread them evenly to cover the cake mix
Cranberry Spice Dump Cake
- 3 14 ounce cans whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced into 12 slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Spread the cranberry sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the fruit.
- Evenly place the butter slices on top of the cake mix
- Bake the cake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cake is golden and the fruit is bubbling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Spread the cranberry sauce on the bottom of the pan. I used a rubber spatula to spread the cranberries evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- the ingredients needed to make this cake
- breaking up the cranberry sauce
- smoothing the cranberry sauce on the bottom of the 9 x 13 pan
- pouring the cake mix
- Evenly place the butter slices on top.
- slices of butter evenly added to the top
- Bake the dump cake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cake is golden and the fruit is bubbling.
- the finished recipe in a teacup
- Follow Cloches & Lavender so you never miss a post for an easy-to-make recipe!