Do you have a sweet treat that reminds you of your childhood? I do and it’s the Hello Dolly bar (or the less fun name: 7 Layer Bar). I have a HUGE sweet tooth and this satisfies it every time. How can you go wrong with graham crackers, coconut, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips? Now, imagine these in a cookie version. Mind blown? Mine was too. Good news: they are AMAZING! They have the same flavor explosion as the bars, just in cookie form. Believe me, you are going to have a hard time eating just one. Who am I kidding? I don’t even try to stop at one.
Hello Dolly Cookies
Hello Dolly Cookies
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup shredded sweet coconut
- ¾ cup toasted, chopped pecans
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line 3 sheet trays with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix the sugars and butter together on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low until you see the last bit of flour just disappear. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add in coconut, pecans, butterscotch chips and chocolate chips. Mix on low for about 10 seconds or until everything is evenly combined. Do not over mix!
- Drop by tablespoonful onto the sheet trays. You should get about 30 cookies.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until set and slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool a couple of minutes on the sheet tray and then transfer to a cooking rack to cool completely.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published September 30th, 2021 10:32 PM