I have made burrata so many different ways, but I recently made an antipasto burrata that was a huge hit. I loved adding mixed olives, sundried tomatoes, caramelized onion jam, artichokes, and roasted red peppers all jars that I keep on hand in my pantry. All I had to do was buy the burrata, fresh basil, and a baguette to create this dish. The burrata is super creamy, mix it with the salty toppings and drizzle on the balsamic reduction which provides the sweetness to this dish. Top with some fresh basil and fresh cracked pepper and you've got an amazing appetizer.
- 2 burrata cheese balls
- 1 jar sundried tomatoes
- 1 jar roasted red pepper slices
- 500 ml mixed olives
- 1/2 jar caramelized onion jam
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- drizzle of olive oil
- drizzle of balsamic reduction
- 6 basil leaves shredded
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Place burrata on a platter, surround it with the artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red pepper slices, olives, top with caramelized onion jam, drizzle with olive oil, and balsamic reduction, sprinkle with basil and cracked pepper.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise, baste with 2 tbsp of olive oil, and put on a medium grill to toast the bread and add grill marks. Slice into small pieces and surround the burrata on the outside rim of the platter. Enjoy