Extra yummy and super easy rice bake. Ready in no time and very few ingredients. Vegetarian and also versatile, you can personalise it as you prefer.
It is perfect for lunch or dinner, crunchy on the outside and with a stringy and tasty filling of mozzarella and peas. Everyone always likes it, it's very easy to prepare, with ingredients that we usually always have at home.
We can also add vegetables or different cheeses to the filling for extra flavour.
It's also delicious the next day, so we can prepare it in advance and reheat it if necessary. Let's see together how to make it!
- 1 1/4 cup rice
- 1 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 shredded/grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup boiled green peas
- 1 egg
- grated parmesan cheese to taste
- bread crumbs to taste
- Boil the rice in salted water, but make sure not to overcook it. You want it to still have a bite to it. Drain it and let it cool. Once cold, transfer the rice into a bowl and add the tomato sauce, mixing well.
- Add the egg and 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese whilst mixing.
- Sprinkle the base of a large baking dish with breadcrumbs. Pour half of the rice and level the surface well. Sprinkle on with a layer of shredded mozzarella, the peas and a nice handful of grated cheese.
- Cover with the remaining rice, level the surface well and sprinkle with a little grated cheese and breadcrumbs again.
- Bake in at 356F degrees for 20 minutes approx. When the surface appears golden brown, it's ready!