There's nothing like a delicious, warm orzo plate on a cool evening.
For those of to who don't know what orzo is, don't worry I got you 😃
Orzo is a type of pasta that looks like a long grain of rice. It can be made using white or wholegrain flour. It's ideal in soups or in its own with veggies. It has a soft, almost mushy texture. That's why I like adding crunchy veggies with it.
What's so great about orzo is that it's delicious and light. It's also a good source of thiamin and niacin, and it also contains some B6, folate, iron and zinc.
I hope you enjoy this recipe 😋
- 1 package or orzo cooked according to package instructions
- 3 multicolored bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 green zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 cup edamame beans
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup basil finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo according to package instructions then drain and set aside to cool
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, drizzle some olive oil and sautee bell peppers and zucchini until soft and tender.
- Add orzo to the veggies and toss it on low heat for a few minutes
- In a small bowl, mix lemon, honey, basil, salt and pepper and stir it well
- Add the dressing mix on top of the orzo and enjoy
- Serve warm with a side of soup or salad
Published January 27th, 2021 2:47 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!