Traditionally fideo is actually a soupy dish, called sopa de fideo, but I enjoy mine as more of a pasta! This vegan pasta fideo is far from traditional, but it is super tasty! My favorite part of this dish is that it is vegan! I don’t eat normally eat vegan, but there is nothing with a vegan dish now and then!This dish can be made in a dutch oven, or you can also make this in a large soup pot! Store this delicious vegan pasta fideo in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. You can store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four months.
Vegan Pasta Fideo
Vegan Pasta Fideo
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion (sliced)
- 1 lb Fideo Noodles (or crushed angel hair pasta)
- 1 1/2 cup Spinach (chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- Parsley (for serving)
- Heat up the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and sauté for about five minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the fideo noodles or angel hair pasta, and sauté the noodles for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin, and cook for 1-2 more minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the lime, and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 7-9 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked to your liking (I like mine a little softer than al dente).
- Stir in the lime juice, and serve warm sprinkled with parsley.
- If you don't have fideo noodles, you can used crushed up angel hair pasta!
- I cooked this in a large dutch oven, but you can also cook this in a large soup pot!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published August 8th, 2020 12:59 PM