🥚 Nothing like yolking around on Sunday morning and making an eggcellentt brunch!🥚
This Roasted Veggie Frittata is a great way to start a lazy Sunday morning. Grab all your roasted veggies that you may have cooked in the week (or make some fresh like we did!), add a few extra flavours, and whip in some eggs to bake away your worries for the day. The secret? A good cast iron skillet that can go from the stove to the oven for perfectly even cooking. Honestly, get yourself one!
Pair it with a nice side salad and you have brunch ready to go.
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 sliced red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil (separated)
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 2 diced scallions
- 6 eggs
- Splash of cream/milk
- 2 tbsp of grated parmesan
- Extra grated cheese of choice (gruyere/cheddar)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Chop all veggies and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper
- Bake in oven for 15-20 mins adding chopped garlic halfway through.
- Turn the oven down to 350F
- In a cast iron skillet, saute scallions in olive oil until fragrant over medium heat.
- Add in roasted veggies and saute another 1 min.
- Add in whisked eggs with a splash of cream/milk and parmesan.
- Bake in oven for 10 mins, until eggs are just set.
- Sprinkle on grated cheese, and bake for 2-3 mins until bubbly.
- And voila, a frittata!