Vegan, quick and super healthy pasta sauce
Lately we have been making an effort to eat more plant-based food as well as more legumes in substitution to meat. This recipe ticks both boxes! A balanced meal served in no time! My toddler is not really into beans, but he liked this so much that he ate half of the pesto with a spoon before the pasta was even ready.
No reason to limit this to pasta either... the leftover is going to be used as a spread on a bruschetta tomorrow with some fresh tomatoes on top
- 1 raw courgette (or other veg of your choice), roughly chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4-5 sundried tomatoes
- Olive oil
- a good squeeze of lemon and some lemon zest
- Blend all the ingredients except from the lemon zest, slowly adding the olive oil until you reach the desired consistency.
- Serve on pasta (or on some bread) with a grating of lemon zest on top.