How To Make Red White and Blue Dessert Dirt Cups
As we prepare for the upcoming summer celebrations, it's the perfect time to serve up some patriotic recipes. And what's better than digging into a delicious dessert, especially one that's so easy to make? If you're looking for a recipe that's sure to impress your guests while being absolutely scrumptious, you've got to try Red White and Blue Dessert Dirt Cups.
Not only will this dessert remind you of the stars and stripes, but it'll also have you licking the spoon. Red White and Blue Dessert Dirt Cups are perfect for patriotic occasions! Not only do they look stunning, they also taste amazing! They make a memorable experience that your family and friends will appreciate. It won't take you long to prep these sweet treats either so you can enjoy more time spending with the people who matter.
Ready to upgrade your pudding cups? This fun twist on a dirt cup dessert for the 4th of July is so much fun. The best part is that they are just to easy to make. Let me share the simple ingredient list and then I'll walk you through the easy instructions.
4TH OF JULY DIRT CUP INGREDIENTS
Here is the list of the easy ingredients needed to whip up these Patriotic Pudding Cups. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the full recipe measurements.
- Cheesecake Pudding Mix
- Whole Milk
- Oreo Cookies
- Red Gel Food Dye
- Blue Gel Food Dye
- Red and Blue Gummy Worms
- Flag Toppers
- Plastic Dessert Cups
MAKE RED WHITE AND BLUE DESSERT DIRT CUPS
Ready to make these delightful treats? Let's go through the simple steps. Be sure to get the exact recipe in the card at the bottom of this post. That way you can save or print it.
Place both of the boxes of dry pudding mix into a large mixing bowl. Add all of the milk to it and whisk until pudding is thick.
Place 1 cup of the pudding in a separate bowl and 1 ½ cups of the pudding in yet another bowl. Set aside the rest of the white pudding until a bit later.
Add the blue dye to the bowl with only 1 cup pudding and stir until no color streaks appear.
Add the red dye to the bowl with 1 ½ cups pudding in it and stir until no color streaks appear.
Now it's time to add the layers to the serving cups. Start by placing 1 tablespoon crushed OREO Cookies in the bottom and spread them evenly.
Be sure to smooth and flatten each layer of pudding and cookies to follow.
Next, up place 2 tablespoons of the blue pudding on top of that.
Follow by adding another tablespoon of the crushed OREO.
Smooth 3 tablespoons white pudding as the next layer.
Add 1 ½ tablespoons of crushed OREO as the next layer.
Add 4 tablespoons of the red pudding next.
Finish up the layers by adding 2 tablespoons of the crushed OREO.
Add two gummy worms and a flag cupcake topper to each of the cups as the perfect final touch.
Voila, your pretty dessert cups are ready to enjoy!
Celebrating holidays with friends and family is so much fun, and what better way to add some patriotic spirit than by making homemade Red White and Blue Dessert Dirt Cups? What could be more fitting than anything that combines the colors of our nation?
These cool treats are easy to put together, and they will certainly become a crowd favorite.
EASY RED WHITE AND BLUE DESSERTS
Looking for a baked dessert instead? Check out these cute red white and blue blondie bars. So bright and bold.
Amp up your party with this Patriotic candy board. It's so easy to put together for any festive celebration.
Want a classic treat with a festive kick? Then, you are going to love these homemade sugar cookie bars.
Ready to whip up some Red White and Blue Dessert Dirt Cups for your Fourth of July celebration?
This easy, budget-friendly, and customizable dessert is sure to be a hit with your guests while being hassle-free for you. So, get the ingredients and start layering away. You won't be disappointed!
INSTAGRAM WORTHY DESSERT
Let's be honest, we all love taking pictures of our food and sharing them on social media. Red White and Blue Dessert Dirt Cups are a great way to add some color to your Instagram feed and show off your creativity. Plus, your guests will love taking pictures of it too and tagging you in their posts.
Enjoying something that's a bit different can really get people in the holiday spirit, so why not make your Fourth of July celebration this year memorable by serving up these delicious dirt cups? As an added bonus, you can even document it to share on social media afterward! So go ahead, unleash your patriotism this summer with a tasty batch of Red White and Blue Dessert Dirt Cups. Happy celebrating!
How To Make Red White and Blue Dessert Dirt Cups
- 2 Boxes Cheesecake Pudding (3.4 ounces)
- 4 Cups Milk
- 19 OREO Cookies, crushed
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Gel Food Dye
- ¼ Teaspoon Blue Gel Food Dye
- 8 Red and Blue Gummy Worms
- 4 Flag Toppers
- 4 Plastic Dessert Cups
- Empty both boxes of pudding into a large mixing bowl, then add the milk.
- Whisk until the pudding is thickened.
- Put 1 cup of the pudding in a separate bowl and 1 ½ cups of the pudding in another bowl. Reserve the rest of the pudding.
- Add the blue dye to the bowl with only 1 cup pudding and stir until no color streaks appear.
- Add the red dye to the bowl with 1 ½ cups pudding in it and stir until no color streaks appear.
- Put 1 tablespoon crushed OREO Cookies in the bottom of each serving cup. Spread evenly.
- Put 2 tablespoons of blue pudding on top, and gently spread even.
- Add another tablespoon of crushed OREO and spread even again.
- Add 3 tablespoons of white pudding as the next layer and spread evenly.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons of crushed OREO as the next layer. Spread evenly.
- Add 4 tablespoons of the red pudding as the next layer.
- Add 2 tablespoons of crushed Oreo on top for the final layer.
- Top each dirt cup with two gummy worms and a flag topper. Enjoy.
- The cups used are 9 ounces, but you might wish to use smaller cups for young kids.
- Americolor food dye was used, which makes bold colors. I highly suggest this brand if you want to achieve these exact colors.
- Trolli brand gummy worms are the ones with red and blue worms that are shown for the cups. But you can use other worms if you like.
- If you aren't enjoying these cups after making them, they can be covered with plastic or lids, without the worms and flag. You can leave in the fridge for up to 2 days before serving. The cookies will be a little softer, but still yummy.