I love Mexican food. One of the reasons is their similarity to some of the Indian dishes.
For the first time I tried Mexican cuisine was in New Delhi, India. I felt quite delighted after eating it. At that time my idea of Mexican cuisine was just limited to Tacos, chips, salsa and burritos. Also I had no idea how to cook Mexican food.
It was 10 years later when I moved to Canada, I came to know about a number of other Mexican dishes and started making them at home.
Here I am sharing recipe of Vegetarian Enchiladas. An enchilada is a flour or corn tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a savory sauce. Enchiladas can be filled with various ingredients, including meats, cheese, beans, potatoes, vegetables, or combinations.
Do try this recipe and let me know if you like it.
- 🌱 1/2 cup chopped onions 🧅
- 🌱1-2 garlic cloves, chopped 🧄
- 🌱 1/2 cup chopped zucchini 🥒
- 🌱1/2 cup chopped mushrooms 🍄
- 🌱1/2 cup chopped bell peppers 🫑
- 🌱1/2 cup sweet corn🌽
- 🌱1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 🌱1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 🌱 2 tsp olive oil
- 🌱 1 avocado sliced 🥑
- 🌱 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 🌱 1 tsp hot sauce
- 🌱 6-7 tortillas
- 🌱Bunch of cilantro, chopped 🌿
- 🌱 3/4 cup Monterey Jack Cheese🧀
- 🌱 Salt to taste 🧂
- 🌱 Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, garlic.
- 🌱When onion turns pink, stir in vegetables.
- 🌱 Cook for a couple of mins.
- 🌱 Add salt, cumin powder, cinnamon powder and crushed peppercorns.
- 🌱 Cook for a few mins and turn off the stove. Add hot sauce and mix.
- 🌱 Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 🌱Grease a baking dish.
- 🌱Spread half of enchilada sauce.
- 🌱 Place vegetable mixture on tortilla and roll it. Place it in baking dish.
- 🌱Repeat with another tortilla till the dish is full.
- 🌱 Spread remaining enchilada sauce on its top. Add grated cheese.
- 🌱Bake for 18-20 mins.
- 🌱 Garnish with cilantro and Avocado 🥑
- 🌱 Serve with guacamole, sour cream.
- 🌱 Bon Appetit 🍽
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!