One of the fondest memories of Rakshabandhan that I vividly recall is how my mother would make a pot full of sweets. Both my brother and I loved sweets, so it would just last a few days.
It has been almost a decade since I tied rakhi on my brother’s wrist. As kids we would wake up early in the morning, get dressed, sit with rakhi and a plate full mom made sweets. I really miss those good old days.
𝚁𝚊𝚔𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝙸𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝚏𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛
Fresh Coconut Ladoos
Homemade Coconut Ladoos
- ✔︎1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- ✔︎150 gms Khoya
- ✔︎1/2 cup coconut sugar
- ✔︎1/2 tsp crushed cardamom
- ✔︎2tbs ghee
- ✔︎1/4 cup cashews; cut into small pieces
- ✔︎1/2 cup shredded coconut
- ✔︎1/2 cup milk
- ✔︎Heat ghee in a wok/pan
- ✔︎Add khoya.
- ✔︎Add coconut sugar
- ✔︎Keep stirring till sugar melts and makes a smooth mixture.
- ✔︎Add cashews, shredded coconut, and cardamom powder.
- ✔︎Mix well and let it roast for a couple of minutes.
- ✔︎Transfer into a plate and let it cool.
- ✔︎Take some mixture into your palm and shape into a ball.
- ✔︎Dip it in milk and coat with shredded coconut.
- ✔︎Your 𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘁 𝗟𝗮𝗱𝗼𝗼 is ready. Enjoy!
- Do not refrigerate. Keep in air tight container at cool and dark place.