SOFT AND FLUFFY Lemon Cookies
I have been making this recipe for two years now and I really love the texture in them. The great thing about them is that they don't have too much sugar! They turn out perfect every time.
I wouldn’t suggest changing anything in this recipe, keep the ingredients and measurements the same and you won’t be disappointed.
Use regular all-purpose flour for best results. I haven't tested other flours but if you do, feel free to leave me a comment below!
Use a small amount of granulated sugar for best results.
Use 1 medium-sized egg for best results.
Use vegan butter to keep this recipe dairy-free, but you can go ahead and use regular if you prefer.
Use lemon juice and lemon zest.
Finally, use a combination of baking powder and baking soda.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
For measuring: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
- 1 - 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F/180°C and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a mixing bowl using a hand mixer, whisk the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Add the lemon juice and mix further.
- Add the lemon zest, salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and mix again.
- Form the dough into small balls and slightly flatten them on the tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, add some powdered sugar on top and enjoy!