This quick and easy pizza uses a puff pastry as the crust, making it light enough for an appetizer but with enough toppings and paired with a salad it makes the perfect dinner too!
Puff Pastry Pizza
I usually keep frozen puff pastry stocked in my freezer because I use it for my easy chicken pot pie, but I was so happy to find another use for it! The chicken, peppers, feta, spinach and tomatoes are a delicious combination for any pizza, including this one, but you can top it with whatever you have on hand. Sometimes we all just need a classic cheese pizza!
This puff pizza stores very well in the fridge for a few days or the freezer for a few months. It can be reheated nicely in the oven. Simply place slices on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for about 5-10 minutes until pizza is warm again
Topped with a bit of balsamic glaze and this pizza is ready to be devoured! With a nice oatmeal chocolate chip cookie for dessert and I was one happy girl!
Puff Pastry Pizza
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1/4-1/2 cup pizza sauce
- small handful of spinach
- 1 cup fresh shredded pizza mozzarella cheese
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze (optional)
- preheat oven to 400 F, and grease a baking sheet lightly with olive oil
- Roll the puff pastry out on a floured surface to fit in the baking sheet, then carefully transfer it to the prepared pan
- Spread pizza sauce onto the puff pastry sheet, then sprinkle spinach, followed by mozzarella cheese, then chicken, bell pepper, tomato, and feta cheese
- Bake in preheated oven 18-20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over top of pizza, cut into slices and serve warm
- try your favorite toppings instead of the ones I have suggested
- start checking after 15 minutes for done-ness