Easter Shortbread Cookies
These soft, tender melt-in-your-mouth Easter shortbread cookies are so easy to make! No rolling or chilling the dough. Add your favourite sprinkles and you've got yourself a lovely Easter treat!
I always love a tray of cookies on the Easter dinner table. It always seems to add bright Easter colors that we love.
This recipe is just so quick to make that it's a great last minute idea that you can make without dirtying too many dishes and having a big mess to clean up!
This has become one of my go-to holiday cookie recipes that I make and change up the color of the sprinkles and decorating.
I hope you enjoy them at much as we do!
why you'll love this recipe
- four simple ingredients, plus sprinkles
- no fancy equipment required! You can make these entire by hand without using a mixer
- they are DELICIOUS!! They store and freeze well. Perfect for gift-giving.
The full recipe card and instructions is located at the bottom of this page.
- butter should be at room temperature but not too soft. Do not soften the butter in the microwave! The cookies will spread. Take the butter out of the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before you start the recipe.
- all-purpose four - use the scoop and level method to measure the all-purpose flour.
step by step instructions
Start by preheating the oven to 300°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, cornstarch and powdered sugar. Set aside.
Add in the butter, mixing by hand until a soft dough forms. Roll into one-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
Press down lightly on each cookie with a floured fork.
Add sprinkles or sanding sugar on top of each cookie.
Bake in 300°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. The edges will be very lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for one minute, the transfer to wire cooling rack.
Store shortbread in airtight container for up to four weeks.
Shortbread may be frozen between layers or parchment paper in a freezer safe container. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
Mini Egg Brownies
Easter Desserts - 20 Delicious Recipes
Vanilla Easter Trifle
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page. Don't forget to tag me when you make one of my recipes! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!
Easter Shortbread Cookies
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup butter, softened at room temperature
- ½ cup sprinkles/sanding sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cornstarch and all purpose flour.
- Gradually add in butter, mixing by hand until a soft dough forms.
- Roll into one inch balls and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Press down each cookie with a lightly-floured fork.
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar or sprinkles.
- Bake in 300°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Edges will be very lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to sit on baking sheet for one minutes, then transfer to wire cooling rack.
- Store shortbread in airtight container for up to four weeks.
- Shortbread may be frozen between layers or parchment paper in a freezer safe container. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
I can't wait to try these!
I will definitely try these!