Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies. I won’t say this is a Little Debbie copycat recipe because these are WAY better. Honestly, I have only had the real deal about two times in my life, but I imagine this recipe as the more mature version of the grocery store classic. The cookies have a bit more height and I added a pinch of allspice. The filling is sweet, but not over the top. I added a lot more than necessary for the sake of the pictures so when you are making them, tone it down just a little bit. Unless, of course, you are a frosting person!
Oatmeal Cream Pies
Oatmeal Cream Pies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ allspice
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ sticks butters softened
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 3 sheet trays with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, vanilla and molasses. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice and oats. Add all at once to the sugar mixture. Beat until just combined.
- Drop by tablespoons onto the sheet trays, 8 per tray. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. They will be puffy when they come out. Take a glass and flatten the cookies. Let cool for a few minutes on the sheet tray. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together all filling ingredients on low speed until well combined. Turn mixer to high and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Either spoon or pipe the filling on the flat side of half of the cookies. Top with a remaining cookies, flat side down.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published June 30th, 2021 12:32 AM