3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
These quick and easy 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect quick breakfast or after-school snack! Both flour-less and gluten free*, these are sure to become a favourite! These cookies have simple ingredients that you likely have in your pantry!
These are a lightened up version of my other banana bread cookies. Without any flour or sugar, we have a healthy cookie that still wins rave reviews!
Oatmeal Cookies are one of the most popular cookies in our house. Any cookies with oatmeal actually. We often enjoy oatmeal for breakfast and these cookies remind me of that and are great if you're on-the-go.
you'll love these oatmeal breakfast cookies
- 3 wholesome ingredients and no added sugar. Does it get any easier than that?
- no fancy equipment! you can mix these entirely by hand without a mixer.
- healthy cookies that are satisfying and delicious. One of these for breakfast snack with a piece of fruit will take you straight through to lunch!
- they are so good that you may want to make a double batch.
I've made a few notes about the ingredients below. You can find the full recipe and recipe card at the bottom of this page.
- rolled oats - I like to use quick oats in this recipe or you can substitute the old-fashioned oats
- chocolate chips - I like to use mini dark chocolate chips for these cookies. You can also use regular-sized and milk chocolate as well.
- bananas - overripe bananas with nice dark brown spots will add just the right amount of sweetness.
- You will notice that this recipe has no vanilla extract and it doesn't need it! They are perfectly delicious with the addition of vanilla.
Add in your favourite of any of the following:
- walnuts, pecans, sliced or slivered almonds
- chopped dates
- dried cranberries
- dried cherries
- add in ½ tsp. ground cinnamon to give these cookies even more great flavour
This great recipe is super quick and easy and will be ready in 1,2,3!
1 - Mash bananas.
2 - Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
3 - Shape cookie dough by hand into round discs and place on cookie sheet. The cookie shape will resemble a flat disc.
Bake in 350°F oven for 12 to 14 minutes. They will still be a little soft when you take them out of the oven.
Cool on baking tray for a minute, then move baked cookies on wire rack and enjoy!
how to serve 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies
- A great way to satisfy your sweet tooth in the morning is to slather a bit of creamy peanut butter on one of these cookies. Trust me! It's delicious.
- This is a great recipe to tuck into a backpack and take along for a hike. Well, the cookies not the recipe!
- Crumble them up in your morning bowl of oatmeal.
storage and freezing instructions
Storage: Store cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Freezing: These cookies freeze very well. You can place them in a freezer container or ziplock freezer bag for up to three months.
Thaw at room temperature for a few hours before eating.
my top tips
Almost all grocery stores have a rack with reduced produce. This is the perfect spot to find ripe bananas that are perfect for these cookies.
Make these cookies your own by adding in your favourite nuts or dried fruit.
you might also enjoy these recipe
Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
Carrot Cookies with Orange Icing
Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins
Banana And Chocolate Chip Muffins
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please take a moment to comment below and give it a five-star recipe rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!
3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 and ½ cups rolled oats (quick oats)
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
- Place mashed bananas, rolled oats and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Using clean hands, shape into discs and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 12 to 14 minutes. Cookies will still be a bit soft when you take them out of the oven.
- Cool on wire rack.
- *For gluten-free ensure that rolled oats are labelled 'gluten free'.
- Storage: Store cooled cookies in a covered container for up to 2 days.
- Freezing: These cookies freeze very well. You can place them in a freezer container or ziplock freezer bag for up to three months.
- Add-ins: raisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries, sliced almonds.
- I like to use mini chocolate chips in this recipe or you can use the regular sized ones.