Someone teach me how to not bake cookies right before supper!! I always seem to do this and then I “taste test” about five of them as soon as they’re done and I’m not hungry for supper😂 Oh well. Worth it. When I was a kid, my mom made us monster cookies all the time. Well, she still does! It was and I think it will always be my absolute favorite thing she makes. There really is nothing better than a fresh monster cookie right from the oven! From my experience, the only chocolate that monster cookies usually have is m&ms and chocolate chips. This time, I felt a strong urge to add Reese’s peanut butter cups and I’m soooo glad I did. It did not disappoint!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup m&ms
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 8 chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350° and either grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugars, butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Add in peanut butter, oats, and baking soda until just combined.
- Fold in m&ms, chocolate chips, and half of your chopped Reese’s.
- Scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet and add more chocolate chips and m&ms on top. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Right after you take them out of the oven, top each cookie with the remaining Reese’s bits.
Published December 1st, 2020 1:37 PM