These brown butter brownies are the only brownie recipe you need! They're thick, chocolatey, and fudgy with the perfect amount of chew. So if you're the kind of person who always goes for the corner piece for the perfect chewy edges, you can have that with every single brownie with this recipe. And since they can be made in one bowl and baked within just one hour, they're the perfect quick chocolate fix! Read below for tips on getting that shiny, crackle top. I also snuck some finely chopped chocolate in the batter for some puddles of melted chocolate throughout each bite! I hope you love these brownies as much as I do!
Brown Butter Brownies
Brown Butter Brownies
- 125g (4 1/2 oz) all-purpose flour
- 80g (2 3/4 oz) dutch process cocoa powder
- ½ tsp espresso powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs (room temp)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 140g (5 oz) dark brown sugar
- 198g (7 oz) granulated sugar
- 85g (3 oz) chocolate
- 170g (6 oz) brown butter (start with 200g)
- 150g (5 /14 oz)finely chopped chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x9 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Start by making the brown butter. In a small saucepan, heat 200g of unsalted butter over medium heat for several minutes, swirling to even out the color. The butter will be ready once the fat solids have separated and darkened, and the butter is an even medium amber color.
- Weigh out 170g of the brown butter in a large bowl. If you are short a few grams, just add regular unsalted butter to make up the difference.
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and chocolate to the brown butter. Heat the mixture in the microwave in 20 second increments until the sugars and chocolate are fully melted. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Add the eggs to a separate small bowl and briefly beat them to break up the yolks. Add the eggs to the butter, sugar, chocolate mixture, and whisk until fully combined. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Next, fold in the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and salt until just combined.
- Fold in the finely chopped chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake the brownies for 33-36 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool completely in the pan before removing and cutting.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published May 20th, 2021 9:05 PM