Mini Apple Pies
We had a Fall party to attend and I was trying to figure out what to make. I knew my hubby wanted pie but I wanted to make something that could be finger food too, because that was supposed to be the thing to bring. These pies were so fun to make. My family love apple pie but they also love a lot of pies. Instead of having a bunch of leftovers and to make it handy to carry around I decided to make small pies. I found these adorable baking cups and knew I wanted to use them for something this Fall. And this way I could make several different varieties. Today I will tell you how I made the apple pies. This was fun too because it didn't require a lot of effort to ,make some cute top crusts. First I cut up a couple of different varieties of apples, I use Granny Smith and Gala for these pies. Granny Smith for the crunch and Gala for the sweetness. I peeled and cut up the apples into bite size pieces and added the cinnamon and sugar and a little four to help thicken the apples. I made a homemade pie crust but you could use store bought if you want. I had a small biscuit cutter that was the perfect size for the cups I was using. I put the bottom piece in and filled it with some apple mixture. I then had fun making different crusts for the tops.
I cut some leaves out for some and did a lattice top for others.
Peel and chop your apples.
Add your cinnamon, sugar and flour.
Put your bottom crusts into a sprayed muffin pan.
Add in your apple mixture.
Have fun making your crusts.
They turned out so cute.
They looked adorable in the festive cups.
Mini Apple Pies
- Make homemade or a store bought.
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into bite size pieces.
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 c sugar depending on the sweetness of your apples.
- 1 T flour
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan.
- Roll out your crust and cut to size of your muffin pan.
- Lay the pieces in the bottom of the pan.
- Mix your apples, cinnamon, sugar and four together in a bowl.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of apple mixture to each pie bottom.
- Cut top crust for each of the crusts with apple mixture.
- Brush the tops with an egg wash.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Cool on wire rack.