Lasagna Bites Recipe
Sometimes when dealing with picky kids you have to try and make mealtime fun. For some reason, my kids don’t like to eat traditional lasagna, but I thought what the heck I’ll give this a shot. I love easy recipes. I have a ton on my blog, you can see all of my easy recipes here.
This is a recipe I make often in my home, but this time I used ground beef, but decided to use ground turkey this time. I only did because my grandmother was having dinner with us and she doesn't eat red meat.
Even though this is an amazing recipe as is, you can serve this with garlic bread and salad to make it complete. Lasagna bites are a recipe my family enjoys every time. I love making these bite sized treats.
You can even top with sour cream or a little more cottage cheese for some added flavor.
Lasagna Bites Recipe
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 pound Jenny-O ground Italian Style Turkey
- 1 1/2, 8 oz jars of your choice pasta sauce (I like Ragu)
- 1 package wanton wrappers
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- (not pictured) Cooking spray, 1 tbs of dried basil and salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Brown ground turkey over medium heat. When it is done add 1 jar of pasta sauce to it and set aside. Or use your Instant Pot. Link above for how to.
- Mix 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and garlic powder to the cup of cottage cheese.
- Place 2 squares in the bottom of your muffin pan, stagger so the ends do not meet.
- Open the other jar of pasta sauce and spoon in enough to cover your wanton bottom, spoon in about a tablespoon of cottage cheese mixture, then a tablespoon of ground turkey, and a tablespoon of cheese, and repeat till you get to the top. always end with cheese.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until the cheese melts and the edges of the wonton wrappers are brown. Sprinkle on a little basil right out of the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Use a butter knife to carefully loosen the bites and remove from the pan. And enjoy, now you have a new way to make Lasagna.