TAHINI OAT MUFFINS
Kicking off pumpkin season with these very easy TAHINI OAT MUFFINS 🧡 I’m that person, when fall comes around I add pumpkin and aromatic warm spices to everything. These muffins are a perfect comfort food that can be paired up with your morning hot breakfast beverage or as an after dinner dessert.
The muffins have no flour, they are made with oats & various yummy inclusions like pumpkin seeds, pistachios, tahini and some leftover pistachio meal from some pistachio milk I made using my Nutr Machine (if you don’t have one, you can simply omit the pistachio meal & the muffins will still taste wonderful). They can easily be made into a vegan recipe by replacing the grass fed butter with a vegan butter. This recipe contains no refined sugar either and it can easily be modified depending on the nuts that you prefer.
WHAT IS A NUTR MACHINE you ask
🍃 Nutr is a sustainability-focused single serving nut milk maker that produces a variety of nut & plant-based milks at the touch of a button & in a matter of minutes. I love it, you can check it out & read more about it on my Instagram.
I love the flavor and textures in these muffins and topping them with pumpkin seeds and pistachios just make this recipe even better. You may notice that there are a lot of ingredients but I promise this recipe comes together very easily. If you make them, I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does.
Thank you for stopping by.
If you’d like to see more of what I cook and love to do, please visit me at https://www.instagram.com/mycreativekneads/
Alright, let’s get baking 🧡
TAHINI OAT MUFFINS
For the Tahini Oat Muffins
- 3.5 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (or to taste)
- 4 tbsp melted grass fed butter (or vegan butter)
- 2 eggs (if vegan, use 2 flax eggs)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Pistachio meal (opt)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup coconut milk or nut milk of choice
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup pistachios
For the Tahini Oat muffins
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl combine the melted butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, milk & whisk until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, pistachio meal (opt), tahini, until well incorporated.
- Add the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, salt, pumpkin seeds, pistachios & hemp seeds until well incorporated.
- Line muffin tins with liners & fill using a 1/4 cup to scoop the batter into the liners.
- Top with more nuts (opt).
- Bake for 45 minutes or until top is set & golden & when poked with a tooth pick, center comes out clean.
- If you don’t have nut meal, simply omit it.