Let’s turn that plain cheesecake into something festive! Let me show you how to decorate a cheesecake in just a few shakes!
Not So Plain Ol’ Cheesecake
I can’t wait to show you how easy it is to decorate a cheesecake!
My friends at Mad Dash Mixes have several different flavors of No Bake cheesecake mixes available. This week I decided to take their Plain Ol’ Cheesecake and turn it into a “Not So Plain Ol’ Cheesecake”. I prepared mini cheesecakes in ready-made graham cracker crusts and decorated them with nonpareils (sprinkles) and sanding sugar.
I was having a small diner party so I only made 6 cheesecakes. The recipe makes enough filling to fill at least 12 mini cheesecake crusts. After filling the mini graham cracker crusts, I had some cheesecake filling left over. I decided to serve that as a dip with cookies.
Oops, getting ahead of myself!
Let’s Get To Mixin’
Pictured above are the ingredients you will need in addition to their Cheesecake Mix packet.
2 8 oz Softened Cream Cheese (I used the lower fat option)
1 8 oz Cool Whip or similar whipped topping
1 Mad Dash Mix No Bake Plain Ol’ Cheesecake Mix packet
a package of mini graham cracker crusts (yield 6 cheesecakes)
The Mixing Process
You can use an electric hand mixer, stand mixer or even mix the ingredients by hand. I decided to use my mom’s vintage Hamilton Beech Stand Mixer.
After the cream cheese has softened, add it to your mixing bowl. Then add the Cheesecake Mix. Blend until the cream cheese is very creamy.
Next you will fold in your Cool Whip or other whipped Topping.
Filling the Crusts
Once the Cool Whip is folded in, you are ready to fill the crust of your choice. If you want to make individual cheesecakes, Keebler makes a package of 6 mini graham cracker crusts.
You could also make your own individual cheesecake crusts by using a muffin tin and adding a graham cracker crust or even a crust made from chopped pecans.
Here is a recipe for a gluten free crust: Gluten Free Crust Featuring Chopped Pecans
Use a spoon or a spatula to fill the mini graham cracker crusts.
How to Decorate a Mini Cheesecake
Now you are ready to decorate them. I decided to use nonpareils and sanding sugar. You could use chocolate sprinkles as well.
After decorating the cheesecakes, place them in a covered container in the refrigerator to chill for several hours before serving.
Ready to Serve
When making 6 mini cheesecakes, the left over prepared no bake cheesecake can be served in a bowl as a dip for fresh fruit or cookies.
Not So Plain Ol’ Cheesecake
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, Softened low fat cream cheese can be used
- 8 oz Cool Whip other brands of whipped topping can be used
- 1 package mini graham cracker crusts
- 1 packet Plain Ol' No Bake Cheesecake Mix by Mad Dash Mixes
- nonpareils for top of cheesecake if desired
- sanding sugar for top of cheesecake if desired
- Add softened cream cheese and the Cheesecake Mix in a bowl. Blend until Creamy
- Fold in Cool Whip or other whipped topping
- Gently Spread in individual crusts
- decorate with nonpareils and sanding sugar
- cover and chill for at least 3 hours before serving, place excess cheesecake filling in a bowl, cover and refrigerate
- remove from refrigerator and serve
- use the left-over filling as a dip for fresh fruit or cookies
- The cheesecake can be served as a dip for cookies or fruit. Instead of putting it in a crust, put it into a serving bowl.
- Individual cheesecakes can be made by using a muffin tin.