Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowl
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowl is my favorite quick breakfast right now.
Yum. I mean, seriously. Why have I never made this before now?
Ever since our trip to Hawaii a couple of years ago, I’ve been obsessed with acai bowls. We have two local places where we enjoy ordering them, and we make them often at home, too.
I particularly love the combination of peanut butter, chocolate, and banana on my acai base, so this bowl with a chocolate base? Yes, please.
It tastes like a peanut butter cup, but it’s much better for you. It’s satisfying, and it comes together in only about 5 minutes.
This delicious chocolate smoothie bowl is a great way to start your day. Or end it. I was home alone last night and actually had this chocolate smoothie bowl for dinner.
This post is sponsored by NAKED Nutrition, but all recipes and opinions are my own. Affiliate links are used for your convenience.
- Ingredients for a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowlfrozen bananas
- almond milk (or other milk of your choice– soy milk, coconut milk, oat milk, cashew milk, or even regular low-fat milk…
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- peanut butter (or any nut butter such as almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or cashew butter)
- protein powder or other dietary supplements are optional, but I used NAKED Nutrition’s new product called Ella from their women’s wellness line.
Make the Cream Chocolate Smoothie Bowl BaseThe best way to make this chocolate smoothie bowl recipe is with a NutriBullet blender, but you can mix this up in your full-sized blender, too. You just want one with a powerful motor, so it can handle the frozen ingredients and turn them into smoothie deliciousness.
Begin with two frozen bananas in your blender cup. Frozen bananas will give you the best results, because they blend into the perfect creamy texture, almost like ice cream. It reminds me of a thick chocolate milkshake!
In your blender cup with the frozen banana, add cocoa powder, milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk) peanut butter (I used a mixed nut butter this time), and a scoop of protein powder if you’re using it.
I added two scoops of NAKED Nutrition’s chocolate Ella to mine. It adds another layer of rich chocolate flavor and is the perfect “finishing touch” to all the healthy ingredients already in this smoothie. Ella includes vitamins and compounds designed to give your skin, hair, and nails a healthy boost.
Blend until it is a thick and smooth consistency.
When you pour it into your bowl, it should look like this…
Do you see that creamy, chocolatey deliciousness?!
If you have a sweet tooth, this is the smoothie recipe for you! The smoothie base contains only simple ingredients with extra sweetness from the ripe bananas, and a rich chocolate flavor from the combination of cocoa powder and chocolate Ella (which has 0 grams of sugar).
Add Your Toppings
You can customize the toppings to your liking, just like on my acai bowls. I’m a creature of habit, and my favorites are almond butter, mini chocolate chips, walnuts, gluten-free granola, and sliced banana.
Other topping ideas:
- granola variations
- chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds
- any kind of nuts
- a drizzle of honey or maple syrup
- shredded coconut
- cacao nibs
- pumpkin seeds
- diced Medjool dates
Really, the sky’s the limit! Peek around in your pantry and see what you have on hand.
*Follow me on Instagram for more great recipes, and day-to-day tips, tricks and adventures!
I make a lot of smoothies, and this healthy chocolate smoothie bowl is one of my favorites.
This tasty recipe makes an excellent easy breakfast, light lunch, or healthy dessert. It’s filling, delicious, and packed with nutrients.
Let me know if you decide to try it!
Let’s be friends! You can follow on social media, so you won’t miss a thing! @thehouseonsilverado
Check out these smoothie recipes on the blog:
- Dragon Fruit Berry Protein Smoothie
- Fresh Peach Smooth
- Energizing Strawberry Mango Smoothie
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 2 medium bananas frozen
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond) or other milk of choice
- 2 TBSP peanut butter or any nut butter you prefer
- 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- protein powder or supplement of choice (optional) I used NAKED Nutrition's Ella
- Combine frozen bananas, almond milk, peanut butter,cocoa powder, and NAKED Nutrition Ella or supplement of choice (optional).
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl, and add your favorite toppings.
- Enjoy immediately. Smoothie mixture can be stored in a mason jar in the freezer for later use. Just thaw slightly, stir, and add toppings for a quick morning smoothie bowl.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be viewed as an estimate. Ingredients can vary and The House on Silverado makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
- Nutritional estimates for this recipe were calculated for the smoothie bowl base only. Please take into consideration that the addition of nutritional supplements and toppings will vary and change this data.