Hasselback baked potatoes are so good! The very best part of the hassleback baked potato is the bottom. These Hasselback Bottoms are just the best part of those baked potatoes! They are not only easier but better! They are easier because there is no need to continue removing them from the oven to baste with more butter and seasonings. All you need to do is...slice your room temperature potatoes-no need to peel them, melt the butter and bacon grease, add the seasonings and coat the potatoes. Then, place them on a large baking sheet to bake. Some will turn out chewy and some will turn our crispy. All of them will have a great flavor! Check out some of our other side dish recipes. 💕
- 2 medium russet potatoes sliced to 1/4 inch thickness
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp bacon grease
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Wash and slice potatoes that are room temperature (about 1/4 inch thick slices).
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place butter, bacon grease, minced garlic, pepper, salt, onion powder, and Lawry's Seasoned Salt In a microwave safe bowl. Heat ingredients together just until melted. Stir to combine.
- Pour the butter mixture over the room temperature potatoes and stir to coat.
- Lay sliced potatoes on the greased cooking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in a 425° oven for about 35-40 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Don't forget to have your potatoes at room temperature.
- Depending on the size of potatoes, you may need three-this mixture will coat a large baking sheet of potatoes.
- Don't waste any of the butter mixture-spoon the leftovers from the mixing bowl onto the potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Get the slices to be as close to the same size as possible and watch them as the bake time nears the end-ovens vary and you want them to be browned but not burned.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!