You might be thinking - this recipe is so easy, anyone can do it - YES, it absolutely is, yet I decided to share it with you as a reminder that your body needs fuel and nutritious food, and you don't need to use fancy ingredients (if you don't want to) to make your meal wholesome.
Easy BBQ Tofu & Limey Rice
If you are a busy bee rushing from one Zoom meeting to the other or juggling multiple tasks at the same time, trying to balance work life and social life AND lead a healthy lifestyle, then let reassured because this Easy BBQ Tofu with Limey Rice comes to rescue!
This BBQ steak tofu goes so well with fresh and limey rice and cucumber - ideal meal for anyone who has 20 minutes to spare and enjoy yummy food.
You can either purchase a good quality BBQ sauce or make your own if you can. Also, you can substitute fresh cucumber for pickled cucumber - and the meal should taste equally well.
- 2 Portions
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
- Cook rice by following the instructions on the packaging.
- Slice tofu into 1cm thick pieces and marinate in BBQ sauce.
- Heat up some olive oil and fry tofu slices for 3-4 minutes on each side - keep an eye on the tofu so that you won't burn it.
- In the meantime, slice the cucumber thinly.
- Once the rice is done, squeeze in half a lime and mix to combine.
- Serve BBQ tofu on limey rice with cucumber slices on a side.