These chocolate chip muffins are so easy to whip up! You don’t have to have any fancy kitchen equipment to make them either. Heck you don’t even have to use a mixer! Just a whisk, a sifter, and your measuring cups. I love having these for a quick breakfast or a light snack. The muffins are so light and fluffy, and they have just the right amount of chocolate chips. By using semi sweet chocolate chips its not too over whelming with chocolate. However, you definitely know you’re eating a chocolate chip muffin when you bite into it. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 14 Muffins
- Prep time: 15 Minutes Cook time: 20 Minutes Total time: 35 min
- 1/2 c Melted Unsalted Butter 113 g
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract 5 g
- 1-1/4 c Buttermilk 281g
- 1/4 c Vegetable Oil 51g
- 3/4 c Sugar 167 g
- 1/2 tsp Salt 5 g
- 1 T Baking Powder 10 g
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda 3 g
- 2-1/2 cup All-purpose Flour 384 g
- 1 c Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips 191 g
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the melted butter, eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla together.
- Sift the sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and all purpose flour on top of your wet ingredients.
- Mix together your wet and dry ingredients.
- Gently mix in 3/4c of semi sweet chocolate chips. Be careful not to over mix your batter.
- Fill a lined muffin pan with batter, and stop just short of the top of the liner. See the step by step video above for reference. This recipe makes 14 muffins.
- Now take the remaining 1/4c of chocolate chips and sprinkle them on top of the batter.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let them cool in the pan, and enjoy!
- If you would like to see a step by step video on how to make this recipe check out my YouTube video above.