Toffee Chocolate Matzah Bark
If there’s one indulgent snack I always turn too it has to be my Dark Chocolate Matzah Bark. And I don’t wait till Passover to make this, it’s a yearly addition to my chocolate snack stashes. It’s filled with creamy salty caramel, coated in rich dark chocolate and topped with toasted pecans. I mean just typing this out I’m hungry!
This recipe is so easy to make, and has become a family favorite snack in my house. You can also make this recipe Gluten free, yes!
Give this recipe a try, I promise it checks all your sweet tooth boxes and will become a staple in your home too!
- 20 Pieces
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 10 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350’
- line a large sheet tray with foil
- Place the matzahs on the sheet tray, you may need to break them to fit snug
- Melt the butter and brown sugar on the stove, stirring consistently until it starts to bubble and turn a dark brown hue. Be carful this is hot!
- Pour the melted butter and brown sugar mixture on top of the matzahs. Using a spatula spread it out evenly so it’s coating all the matzahs.
- place in the oven for 8-10 minutes until it comes out bubbly.
- Once removed scatter the chocolate chips all over and let stand for 2 -4 minutes until melted. Then with a spatula spread out the chocolate all over the matzahs.
- Evenly spread the pecans all over the top and then sprinkle some sea salt on top. Pop in the freezer for about 30mins- 1 hour to harden.
- once hard, break into bark like pieces and enjoy!
- To make Gluten Free use GF matzahs