Hi, I want to put this peanut sauce on everything!
Thai Chicken Tacos
Looking for a quick, easy and delicious meal idea? Look no further!
I love whipping up a big batch of these tacos for a super tasty lunch or dinner. While the ingredients seem simple, the flavours really come together to create a flavourful meal.
I like using prepared coleslaw mix in this recipe to speed up the process but feel free to shred your own cabbage or lettuce if you prefer. I also prefer to use whole wheat tortillas but use whatever you like! I've also enjoyed this as a salad without the tortilla and it's just a delicious.
Try out this recipe today!
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 3 Hours|Total time: 3 Hours 20 Minutes
For the marinade
For peanut sauce
For the tacos
For the marinade
- In a large glass measuring cup, mix lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, chili flakes, garlic, ginger, cilantro and green onions until combined.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and place in large resealable freezer bag.
- Pour prepared marinade over chicken and seal bag up tight.
- Place in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours to marinade.
For the peanut sauce
- In a mason jar with a lid, combine peanut butter, brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sriracha and hot water.
- Whisk or shake vigorously until smooth and combined.
- Allow to sit covered in the fridge to allow the flavours to blend, at least 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade with slotted spoon and place in large frying pan. Cook over medium high heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Place coleslaw mix in each tortilla. Top with cooked chicken, carrots, peppers, peanuts and cilantro. Drizzle with peanut sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go