Have you ever had tofu on pizza before? I'm sure that it may sound a bit odd, but when made correctly, it can taste great! I have tried many variations of the recipe below, such as with spicy sauces, sweet and sour and more. I will have to say, that the barbeque flavour with the tofu takes it to the finish line! However, feel free to adjust this recipe to your own liking. For my recipe, I simply used a store-bought flatbread for the dough, but if you're feeling extra creative you can always whip up some pizza dough yourself!
BBQ Tofu Pizza
BBQ Tofu Pizza
- 1 flatbread
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 block of tofu
- 2-3 tbsp barbeque sauce
- Your choice of toppings (cheese, veggies, herbs, etc.)
- Chop up the tofu into cubes.
- In a pan on medium heat, cook the cubes in the oil for 5-10 minutes. I like to cook evenly on each side of the tofu cubes until each side is golden brown for a nice crispy taste.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of barbeque sauce depending on your preference. Note that you may choose to spread barbeque sauce on your flatbread too, so you may want to stick closer to 1 tablespoon.
- Spread about one tablespoon of barbeque sauce on your flatbread and top it off with your choice of toppings such as vegetables and cheese. Finally, top it off with the cooked tofu.
- Bake the pizza for about 10 minutes at 350°F, rotating the pan halfway. Cook until the flatbread or dough is golden brown.
- Lastly, drizzle the pizza with ranch and enjoy!
Published April 25th, 2021 5:28 PM