Fruit Salad in Pineapple Bowl
Want a healthy showstopper to feature in a party or picnic? This salad is your ordinary fruit salad, but with a few modification to its visuals to amp up the wow factor.
The pineapple bowl is of course the star, so really, whatever you put in the bowl is down to your preferences. I didn't do this, but you could top the salad with mint or toss the salad in a dressing.
I tried putting together fruits with colours which together, were contrasting and popped out, such as the yellow pineapple and pink pitaya (almost opposites on the colour wheel).
For more recipe ideas please visit my IG: olivia_homecook
- 2 Serving
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Prepare the mixed fruits by cutting them into cubes, thin slices or use a mellon baller to make the small, round balls.
- For the pinneaple bowl, cut the pinneaple in half. Use one half of the pinneaple, removing the inner flesh and core of the pinneaple, leaving about a one inch thickness of the skin (refer to the picture).
- Arrange the prepared mixed cut fruits and berries in the pineapple bowl, optionally adding honey or a squeeze of lime juice.
- You can use any fruits, such as: watermelon, melon, apple, pomegranate, bananas, etc.