This recipe makes 16-18 bars that can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or frozen until ready to eat.
Morning Glory Protein Bars
You know what goes perfectly with your morning cup of coffee?! These healthy homemade protein bars. They are a sweet and savory, healthy breakfast to pair with your coffee in the morning.
Each bar provides 200 calories, and are packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats to keep you full and provide you with energy all morning. The fun part is you can get creative and mix in any toppings that you like (I.e chocolate chips, crushed nuts, raisins, peanut butter chips, etc.).
This is a quick, no bake recipe that can be whipped up in minutes. They are best stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or frozen until ready to eat!
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, and microwave honey and peanut butter in a separate bowl before mixing in with the dry ingredients.
Add whatever toppings you choose, I went with craisins and shredded coconut because that is what I had on hand. Chocolate chips, crushed nuts, or other dried fruit would be delicious too.
Each bar provides 200cal, 7g protein, 3g of fiber, and 24g carbohydrates to keep you full and energized all morning long.
- 18 Bars
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 10 Minutes
- Spray a 9x9 or 7x11 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix protein powder and oats together in large bowl.
- Heat honey and peanut butter together in a small bowl.
- Stir honey/peanut butter into the oat mixture until combined. Add 2 Tbsp. milk if mixture is too dry.
- Mix in craisins and shredded coconut (or other toppings).
- Press into pan and refrigerate for up to 1 hour or until set.
- Slice into 16-18 bars.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go