Top tip to get a tender bell pepper that isn’t raw and crunchy? Add some water to a bowl with your cut bell peppers. Pop this in the microwave for 5 minutes and let it cool while you make your filling.
Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers
Anyone else LOVE taco night? This awesome twist replaces the tortilla with a juicy sweet bell pepper for a low-carb option that still kicks that Mexican food craving! This was my first time making this recipe and --let me tell you-- it’s made its way onto my dinner rotation… Quick, easy, delicious, AND low-carb? Sign me up!
Super simple and --carb conscious or not-- it is absolutely delish!
- 3 Peppers
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
For the Filling
For the Pepper Assembly
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add some water to a bowl with your cut bell peppers.
- Pop this in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften.
- In a skillet on high, add your beef/turkey and seasonings.
- Once the meat has browned, add in the cans of rotel and beans.
- Fill your bell peppers with this taco meat mixture and cover with cheese.
- Pop in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is totally melted (Yum!)