Potato Leek Soup
Simple. Easy. Delicious. That is what my recipes are all about!
I love creating quick recipes that are also super tasty. And trust me, this potato leek soup definitely delivers! This soup comes together in just 30 minutes and uses ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Using an immersion blender really takes this soup to the next level and creates the most velvety texture. I like to top this soup with a bit of heavy cream and chopped chives - it really presents so beautifully. Serve it up hot with some crusty bread for a quick weeknight meal or easy lunch. Yum! Enjoy!
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Slice and wash leeks thoroughly. Finely chop the white and light green parts of the leeks. Place in melted butter along with the garlic and saute until soft, about 5-8 minutes.
- Once tender, stir in the flour and cook for a minute or two. Season with salt and pepper.
- Begin stirring in the broth 1 cup at a time, stirring continuously until all the broth has been added. Add in the potatoes and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove the pot from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Stir in milk. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Looking to make this vegetarian or vegan friendly? Sub in vegetable broth and dairy free milk in this recipe.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go