Peanut Butter Red Velvet Cookies+Cake
These red velvet cookies have a tasty surprise inside! They're not just flavored with cocoa and white chocolate chips, there's peanut butter as well! This cookie recipe is so easy to make and taste like Reese's peanut butter cups. You can get fancy and turn them into a cookie cake which is perfect for special occasions (like Valentine's Day)! The cookie cake is layered with cream cheese frosting and it is absolutely delicious!
Make them into cookies
Or make a cookie cake!
How to Store the Cookies & Cookie Cake:
- Store the cookies at room temperature in an airtight container with half of a piece of bread (or smaller). The cookies will absorb the moisture from the bread and stay soft longer.
- The cookie cake will need to be stored in the refrigerator because of the cream cheese frosting.
- Both the cookies & cookie cake can also be stored in the freezer.
Check out more delicious recipes on my website!
- 20 cookies
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 12 Minutes|Total time: 32 Minutes
Peanut Butter Red Velvet Cookies:
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and red dye one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined, and then gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1-2 inch balls and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Top with extra mini chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake at 350°F for 10-13 minutes. They’re done when the centers are slightly cracked and edges are firm.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Weigh four 180g dough balls and flatten them into even circles ½ inch tall on baking sheets. These will bake to be ~6 inches in diameter. There should be enough dough left for ~4 small cookies.Or, you can evenly distribute all the dough into 4 parts and flatten into ½ inch tall circles on baking sheets. These will be slightly larger than 6 inches wide.
- Sprinkle the tops with mini white chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes. They’re done when the centers are slightly cracked and edges are firm.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets until they're firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
- While they're cooling, make the cream cheese frosting by mixing together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Layer completely cooled giant cookies with cream cheese frosting and enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go