Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Cake
This cake both looks and tastes delicious. It's a great recepie to have on hand for when you entertain guests with restrictive diets or if you yourself have diet restrictions. Its important to use both margarine and oil in the chocolate mixture as this helps keeps the consistency right. The baking time can vary quite a lot so don't be worried if your cake takes a little bit longer or shorter than the recepie suggests. Another important step is the refrigeration. Ensure that you leave your cake to refrigerate for at least 5 hours as this will ensure your cake to maintain the right consistancy. Top with powdered sugar and berries for decoration.
- 7 Serves
- Prep time: 6 Hours|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 7 Hours
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F/150 degrees C. Cover a 9inch/ 22cm springform baking pan with baking paper and lightly grease the baking paper with spray oil. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, whisk together water, sugar and salt. Continue to whisk until the sugar and salt has fully dissolved. Set aside.
- In a microwave-proof bowl, met the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until fully melted. Add in the margarine, 1 tablespoon at a time until fully melted. Mix in the oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the saucepan mixture with the the chocolate mixture. Add in the eggs, one at a time until the mixture is fully combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking tin. Place the tin into a larger baking tin or alfoil tray and place into the oven. Pour hot water into the larger baking tin until it reaches halfway up to the top of the cake. Ensure that your cake doesn't get wet!
- Bake the cake in the oven for 45 minutes. Carefully take both pans out of the oven and replace just the pan containing the cake into the oven. Raise the temperature to 350 degrees F/ 180 degrees C. Bake until the cake edge looks done but the middle still looks a little gooey. This should take around 20 mins. Remove cake from the oven and place cake in the refrigerator ideally overnight or at least for 5 hours.
- Remove the the cake from the pan and plate for serving. Enjoy!