These pizza rolls are an oldie but a goodie!
Now I can’t take credit for these- this original recipe was written by Michelle Ayala, an amazing baker who was in my church congregation growing up. She taught the youth to make these, and I’ve been making them ever since.
I’ve added a few of my own tweaks since then, but these rolls will always have some nostalgia for me. This is one of the first meals I made for my husband when we were married. And since then I can think of the specific places and people I’ve made this for since joining the military. They’re definitely a family favorite!
The dough is mixed with italian seasoning and garlic to give it some extra flavor, and spread lightly with pasta sauce, then topped with Cheese and Pepperoni. Then after they’re baked, you take the extra sauce for dipping in. It’s seriously so fun, and makes a ton- so be prepared to have leftovers for days!
If you have any questions, you can comment below! And to get extra tips and updates on all things in the kitchen, don’t forget to follow me on @theflouredcountertop on Instagram, and on Pinterest under the same name!
- 1 Dozen
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 22 Minutes|Total time: 52 Minutes
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the warm water, oil, yeast, sugar, salt, and Italian seasoning (optional). Once those are combined, add the flour, one cup at a time, until dough is no longer sticky.
- Turn onto a lightly floured countertop and knead for a couple minutes. Return to bowl, cover with greased plastic wrap, and allow to double in size.
- Once doubled, punch down the dough. If adding the minced garlic and Parmesan cheese,sprinkle them onto the dough and knead for a couple minutes to evenly distribute. You might need to add 1/4-1/2 cup more flour, since the garlic will make it more wet.
- Roll it out on floured counter to size of large rectangle, about 11x17 inches. Cover thinly with pizza sauce- you don’t want it to spill out when rolling it. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Remember that the dough will rise again, so put more toppings on and closer together than you think you’ll need.
- Roll up jelly roll style and cut into 12 equal pieces. Place into a greased jelly roll pan, then cover and allow to double again in a warm environment. Bake at 375 degrees 22-27 min.
- Once baked, use the remaining pizza sauce to dip each bite of your roll into.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go