Air Fryer French Fries
I’ve been cooking with an air fryer for almost two years now and loving it! It is amazing what this little appliance can do and how amazing the results are. I know I’ve tried to make oven fries before and although they’re acceptable, I can’t say they’re truly like fries. I think they’re more like roasted potatoes than true French fries. The air fryer has changed that for me. In fact, we started growing many different types of potatoes in our garden just so we can try them as air fryer fries. Last year, we grew Russian blues, Yukon golds, kennebec, banana fingerling and red gold. Our favorite were the purple Vikings, with purple skin and a creamy white interior. The potato itself cooks up fluffy and crisps up very nicely.
If you’ve never tried air fryer fries then you definitely must try this now. They won’t taste like ones from the fryer but keep in mind they’re not cooked in a whole lot of oil. They’re healthier and completely addicting especially when you can have fresh cooked fries anytime.
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 18 Minutes|Total time: 28 Minutes
- Wash and peel your potatoes.
- Slice the potatoes into long fries.
- Place into a medium sized mixing bowl and toss with the oil and black pepper.
- Add your potatoes to the air fryer basket. I have a large air fryer and I can cook quite a bit in there. If you have a smaller size then you may have to split this into two batches.
- Set the air fryer to 400F and cook for 10 minutes. After 10 mins, toss the fries and set for another 8 minutes.
- The fries should be golden and crispy.
- Remove from the air fryer and season to taste with salt. Serve immediately.