Easter Egg Blossom Cookies
We've all seen Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies around the Christmas holidays, but today I present to you something better - Easter Egg Blossom Cookies. Specifically Creme eggs or Caramilk eggs for the most decadent Easter treat ever! I'm a caramel girl through and through but my husband is a Creme Egg lover, so for my cookies I did half Caramilk egg and half Creme egg. Unfortunately, once unwrapped the chocolates are virtually indistinguishable so it was luck of the draw as to whether you'd bite into a Caramilk or a Creme Egg cookie. Pro tip - keep them in separate containers if you are using more than one type of chocolate egg! If you like this recipe, you should try Peanut Butter Mini Egg Cookies or Lemon Pudding Cookies - both are perfect for spring as well!
- 24 Cookies
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 8 Minutes|Total time: 23 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy, then add in granulated sugar and brown sugars and beat again.
- Add egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until thoroughly combined
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture in 3-4 additions, stirring well after each
- Portion the dough into 24 equal (golf ball sized) dough balls, then roll each in granulated sugar before placing onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart
- Bake in preheated oven about 6-8 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to turn golden brown and the center is set
- Allow to cool on pan about 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack and gently push chocolate eggs into center of cookie
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go