Sweet and Smoky Tempeh Bowl
This Sweet and Smoky Tempeh is an absolute weeknight staple for me. The simple marinade is made of five pantry staples in equal parts, so it is one of the few recipes I actually have memorized!
If you are unsure whether you like tempeh, I would recommend that you try this recipe! Some people say that it helps to boil the tempeh first, but I have never done that. I just whip up a marinade and toss the tempeh cubes in for 30 minutes to an hour. The marinating is absolutely necessary! For this bowl, I paired the tempeh with some marinated kale, roasted sweet potatoes, and topped it with a spicy cilantro cashew sauce.
Tempeh in marinade
- 1 batch
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
- Mix up the marinade, and add the tempeh pieces. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Then - Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place tempeh cubes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spoon a little marinade over each piece, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip the tempeh, add a little more marinade, and bake for a final 15-20 minutes. The edges should be a little crispy.
- Add to salads or bowls like the one above.