Harvest Roots Bowl
I don't know about you, but for me, bowls are such a fun and quick way to have your daily nutrients as you can pack a lot of goodness in every bowl.
In this bowl I added lots of baked harvest vegetables such as sweet potatoes, white sweet potatoes (almost like a sweet potato but less sweet), golden, yellow beets (I love red beets but I've never had golden beets before, they were delicious and the color was incredible) and finally multicolor mini potatoes.
Also what's so nice about bowls is that they're so versatile. You can customize the base of grains, the veggies Toppings and sauce to meet your taste.
This one was a definite favorite of mine, give it a try and let me know how you like it
- 8 servings
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 30 Minutes
base and toppings
- Follow cooking instructions to cook the bulgur. I added 4 cups of water to 2 cups of bulgur, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 dash of cumin, salt and pepper and let it cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- For the root veggies, I added all the spices and drizzled them with grapeseed oil.
- It took about an hour for them to cook in my oven at maximum heat.
- Once the bulgur and veggies are done, you can add whatever toppings you prefer.
- I added cilantro, parsley and avocado.
- Then I added the hummus dip and drizzled a bit of olive oil and sumac on top.
- Enjoy 😊
- Make sure the baked veggies and bulgur have cooled before adding your toppings
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go