This flaky Easter Nut Roll recipe is one of my favorite Easter desserts. Make my never fail nut roll recipe for your Easter dessert.
Easter Nut Roll Recipe
There are many different nut roll recipes originating in different countries. It’s a popular holiday dessert in places like Slovakia, Italy, and Poland. Each is just a little bit different.
I’m not sure where this recipe originated. But, every year when we visited my aunt, she served an Easter nut roll like this.
It is basically a sweet roll recipe that is rolled out and spread with a sweet nutty filling. Then, the dough is rolled up to make a nut roll.
- 18 slices
- Prep time: 30 Minutes Cook time: 40 Minutes Total time: 1 hr 10 min
- 2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- ½ cup milk, warmed to 110 degrees
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 ½ cups flour
- FOR FILLING:
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, peeled, cored, and shredded
- 4 ½ cups ground walnuts
- FOR GLAZE:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk