Racuchy (Polish Apple "pancakes")
Racuchy is one of our traditional Polish dishes, very similar to pancakes but they're actually yeast-based. My favourite are apple racuchy, and that's what I made today!
This meal is a part of an on-going weekly collaboration over at Instagram, where a group of fellow foodies and I come up with some new themes or challenges each week in order to motivate ourselves to get out of our comfort zones and spend more time in the kitchen. Anyone can join, so if you feel like you'd like to experiment more in the kitchen but lack motivation and inspiration - go over to Instagram and DM any one of us to join! :)
If you like my content you can check here for more!
- 10 pancakes
- Prep time: 45 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
- Mix the milk, sugar, and yeast together and set aside until it bubbles up
- In a large bowl, measure out the flour and add all the remaining ingredients to it
- Mix well with a spatula, cover up, and set aside for about half an hour
- Fry on low heat in a fair amount of vegetable oil until golden brown
- Serve with icing sugar or apple sauce
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go