Breakfast Power Puffs
Introducing the make-ahead egg bites! Easy, yummy, fast, and nutritious! I love a make-ahead breakfast. One that you can make A LOT ahead of time and pop them in the oven or microwave just to reheat. Plus you can eat on them all week! This recipe is a simple protein packed way to grab a healthy breakfast on the go. Switch up the mix-ins to your liking and share some of your favorite combinations below. Excited to hear what you come up with! This would also be delicious in a quiche form. What are some of your favorite make-ahead breakfast items?
- 12 muffins
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook sausage in skillet until brown.
- Drain and set aside in a bowl.
- Peel and dice sweet potato into tiny pieces. (using a food processor is faster)
- Peel and dice onion into small pieces.
- Cut off top of the pepper, remove seeds, and dice into small pieces.
- Sauté potatoes, onion, and pepper in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper & paprika.
- Whisk all of the eggs in a bowl and mix in the half & half.
- Spray your 12 count muffin tin well with cooking spray.
- For the first layer, scoop the potato, onion, pepper mixture into the tins. (just enough to cover the bottom of each muffin cup)
- For the second layer, sprinkle sausage.
- For the third layer, sprinkle cheese.
- And for the final layer, fill each muffin cup to the rim with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions for garnish.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go