No-Churn Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream With Crumble
Learn how to easily make this delicious No Churn Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream and a Crumble recipe at home without an ice cream machine or condensed milk. Spring is here and I am a firm believer that Ice Cream is an all year round treat. This No Churn Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream is super delicious and the best part is that you will not need condensed milk or a ice cream machine. This ice cream recipe is not sweet and has a delicious subtle combination of both apple and cinnamon. To finish this ice cream on the right note, I will also be showing you how to make a quick crumble to sprinkle on top of the ice cream. This crumble is very good and adds a great texture to the Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream. I would also suggest drizzling some caramel sauce on top or even add extra apple slices.
- 1 Litre
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream
Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolk and set it aside.
- In a medium pot, add the milk, cinnamon and sugar. Put it over a medium heat and whisk it until it comes to a boil. When it come to a boil, turn the heat off.
- While whisking the egg yolks non stop, slowly add the warm milk mixture to it until fully incorporated. Do not add to much warm milk at the same time or you might scramble the egg yolk. Once it is fully combined, put it back into a pot.
- Bring the pot over a medium heat and constantly mix it, not forgetting to get the sides of the pot, until it thickens. Once the mixture is thick enough to hold a little shape, turn the heat off and reserve.
- Peel and roughly cut the apples. Add the whipping cream and apples to a blender and blend it until smooth, or if you want your ice cream on the chunkier side, leave the apples a little chunky.
- Pour the whipping cream and apples mixture into a mixer mixing bowl and using the whip attachment, whip it until you achieve soft peaks.
- Add the cooled egg yolk and milk mixture to it and whip it with the mixer until you have medium peaks.
- Once that is done, add the ice cream into a freezer safe container and place it in the freezer overnight or until fully frozen. Enjoy it plain or with your favorite toppings.
- Pre heat the oven to 230°C/430°F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the crumble ingredients really together.
- Place them flat onto a baking tray.
- Bake it in the oven for 10mins or until golden brown.
- Let it cool down and your topping is ready!
- Don't pour the hot milk mixture on the egg yolks all at once or you'll scramble the eggs.
- Don't over beat the cream as it can turn into butter.
- Leave the apples in small chunks or blitz it with the blender until smooth.
- If the crumble is too dry, add a little bit more melted butter.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go